Today we will show you how to create a featured articles page in the first place! When you install Joomla 2.5, the front page is by default a featured articles type of page. You can however create as many featured articles pages as you’d like. For example, for each category of articles you have, you can create a featured articles landing page.
To create a featured articles menu item in Joomla 2.5:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 admin
- In the top menu, hover over Menus, then hover over the menu you want to add to, and then click Add New Menu Item.
- Next to Menu Item Type, click Select. From the list of possible menu item types, click Featured Articles.
- Next to Menu Title, enter a name for your new menu item
- In the right hand column, adjust the settings under Layout Options. Be sure to select all categories and sub categories that you want to show featured articles for under Select Categories.
- Click Save in the top right menu. Congratulations, you have just added a new featured articles menu item in Joomla 2.5!